Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mennonite Girls Can Cook

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bagel Sandwich

I always keep some Whole Wheat Multigrain Bagels in my freezer for a quick lunch. When you buy bagels don't assume that a Mulitgrain Bagel is Whole Wheat. Depending on where you live. . .Multigrain might very well mean that the Bagel has various grains in it. Read your label to be sure that the flour is Whole Wheat.
On this bagel I change up the ingredients but I almost always use a meat. . a type of cheese. .and a topping of veggie. Try different combinations to keep your lunches interesting.

  1. First spread your bagel with Dijon Mustard.
  2. Then choose a thin slice or two of either
  • smoked turkey or chicken
  • lean ham
  • crisp bacon
  • a cheese of your choice. I used a spicy jalapeno havarti.
Top with a few slices of veggie . . or just thin tomato. Keep the tomato thin so it broils up nicely.
If you want a veggie sandwich just use some peppers and cheese.
I'm sure you will have lots of your own ideas. . .please share. I'll add them onto the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment