Friday, March 25, 2011

Baker's Dozen Yeast Rolls Recipe

Baker's Dozen Yeast Rolls RecipePhoto by: Taste of Home Baker's Dozen Yeast Rolls Recipe Rating 4.86
100% would make again
A yummy honey-garlic topping turns these easy dinner rolls into something extra special. Try ’em with soups and chili. Taste of Home
 
  • 13 Servings
  • Prep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.

Ingredients

  • 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
  • 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
  • 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and 2 tablespoons butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
  • Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 13 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
  • Bake at 375° for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine the honey, garlic salt and remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 13 rolls.


Reviewed on Mar. 25, 2011 by ltcape
These were so quick. I did not have quick yeast on hand, but they still rose in about 30 minutes. These taste amazing and are one of the easiest recipes I've ever made. I'm going to throw out my old roll recipes and always do this. I used my KitchenAid mixer to do the kneading, so it was almost effortless. Thanks for sharing!!

Reviewed on Mar. 25, 2011 by BrendainPa
If make these without the cheese and garlic, and they are SOOO good. I love yeast rolls, but usually have to start making them by 2pm to have them for dinner. The quick-rise yeast enables me to have them on the table, start to finish in under 1 1/2 hrs. I really don't bother to look at other roll recipes now--why bother, this one never disappoints!

Reviewed on Feb. 23, 2011 by HopMomof3
I have made these 3 more times since discovering the recipe, all with RAVE reviews! I omit the cheese, we cannot taste the difference, other than that, I follow the recipe. My 3yo go excited today, because he figured out by the smell what i was making!
Click here to find out more!

Reviewed on Feb. 22, 2011 by nitacarl
p.s.

Reviewed on Feb. 22, 2011 by nitacarl
excellent, baked them 2/21 and today!

Reviewed on Feb. 11, 2011 by karialison
These are super easy, and some of the best rolls I have ever made. I've made them many times and they always turn out great.

Reviewed on Feb. 07, 2011 by HopMomof3
My 3 boys, my husband and I ate the entire pan of rolls! They were super easy, and super delicious! My husband said they were definitely a repeat!
Reviewed on Jan. 30, 2011 by Beverly Kramer
I've never thought I could make anything that included the words, "yeast" and "knead", oh and let "rise". But this recipe seemed so good I deceided to try it. It is easy, delicious and now I am ready to try others with these same words in them! Thanks TOH.!

Reviewed on Dec. 04, 2010 by melissa thomas
MY GOODNESS THESE ARE THE BEST!
I have made these so many times I have lost count. I make the dough in my bread machine and they are beyond excellent. I do double the honey butter recipe for use on the top.

Reviewed on Apr. 02, 2010 by cassiesmith
I have made these twice and my family REALLY likes them!!! I love the topping!

No comments:

Post a Comment