Friday, March 25, 2011

Mini Cherry Cheesecakes Recipe

Mini Cherry Cheesecakes RecipePhoto by: Taste of Home Mini Cherry Cheesecakes Recipe Rating 5
100% would make again
These individual cheesecakes make a festive dessert that's just right for cooks who don't have a lot of time for "fussy" recipes.—Kay Keller, Morenci, Michigan

  • 12 Servings
  • Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
20 15 35

Ingredients

  • 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 egg

  • TOPPING:
  • 1 pound pitted canned or frozen tart red cherries
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • Red food coloring, optional

Directions

  • In a bowl, combine crumbs and butter. Press gently onto the bottom of 12 paper-lined muffin cups. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice, sugar and egg; beat until smooth. Spoon into crusts. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
  • Drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice in a saucepan; discard remaining juice. To juice, add cherries, sugar, cornstarch and food coloring if desired. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; boil for 1 minute. Cool; spoon over cheesecakes. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. 


Reviewed on Mar. 25, 2011 by Betsy01
Use a ice cream scoop to fill muffin cups..Quick and easy

Reviewed on Mar. 25, 2011 by Betsy01
I make the same cheesecakes, but I put a vanilla wafer in the bottom

Reviewed on Mar. 25, 2011 by lindija
I like to use canned cherry pie filling! It's already and so simple! Good with crushed pineapple and thickened as in your recipe above.
Click here to find out more!

Reviewed on Mar. 25, 2011 by Lseasley
I had this receipt way back from 1973. Found it in a magazine. One of my favorites!!!!

Reviewed on Mar. 25, 2011 by Lseasley
I had this reciept way back from 1973. Found it in a magazine. One of my favorites!!!!

Reviewed on Nov. 06, 2010 by daveskim
This is one of my taste of home original recipes that I have marked in the first edition of the magazine. I go to this recipe everytime someone asks me to bring a simple dessert. My daughters who are now grown also asks for this when they come to visit. It is simple and reliable. When in a time crunch, I just use a lite cherry pie filling instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment